Book Your Tickets
Really enjoyed our evening learning about Auckland and New Zealand history while sipping on a beverage or two! Really novel way of getting to understand history and went to… read more
We met Darcy for a shooting for a French documentary on the 6 o’clock swill. We visited the most historical pubs of Auckland and were able to tell the story… read more
We did this during the holidays with our work team and it was fabulous! We did not just taste some of the best beer out there but our guide was… read more
We met Darcy for the shooting of a report we were doing for the french public television and we absolutely enjoyed every bit of the time we spent with him.… read more
Things to Note
- Please eat before you come.
- Start Time: 6:30pm . Return Approx 9:30pm
- All are welcome but be aware that places are limited so you need to reserve your place.
- Traveling between bars and stops is on foot so being comfortable is important.
- If you have already booked and need the address of where we start it’s ‘Brew On Quay’ in Britomart. 102 Quay St, Auckland CBD.
- Tour every Saturday but private bookings are available.
- Remember that bars reserve the right not to serve customers who are intoxicated or underage, please be sure not to get too drunk.
- R18 – ID Required.
The tour starts at 6:30pm and goes on til 9:30pm and after that you’re free to continue on well into the night with your new found friends.
We talk predominantly about the history of alcohol in New Zealand, the first beer was brewed on March 27th 1773, we also talk about Auckland City and how it has grown and changed. New Zealand is a big country of drinkers and that has meant that there was a drink at almost all of our key moments in history. The fun thing about New Zealand is we can remember them… kind of.
If you are a group of 7 or more people and you would like to do a private Auckland tour we can organise that for you we can even be flexible about the time of day depending on what you are looking for and if there is a special occasion with enough warning we can even work on different content and stories for the tour. Just send a message and inquire and we can go from there.
For private tours it depends entirely on you. For our regular tours…Tours range in size but we wouldn’t have a tour bigger than 16 people. We are a small business and things week to week are never the same. Doing a tour with us means you are supporting an independent tour company, you are supporting local bars, and you are supporting local beers. The bonus for you is that his is an authentic tour.