A tour through Auckland City on Saturday night using anecdotes to tell a fun and social history of New Zealand.
You will experience some stories about New Zealand history and culture, 5 historic Auckland bars, New Zealand monuments, 5 different New Zealand beers, and places that tie the story of New Zealand’s history together. Learn about the ‘hell hole’ of the pacific, pirates, prostitutes, paupers, how women getting the right to vote almost lead to the end of beer in New Zealand, arguably where the term ‘Happy hour’ comes from, and why New Zealanders are called Kiwi’s.
We visit a selection of styles of bars on a Saturday night to introduce you to Auckland and its night life. At each bar there is a different brewery or beer on offer meaning that you will also be sampling different beers from across New Zealand.
– Please eat before you come.
– All are welcome but be aware that places are limited so you need to reserve your place.
– Traveling between bars and stops is on foot so being comfortable is important.
– If you have already booked and need the address of where we start it’s ‘Brew On Quay’ in Britomart. 102 Quay St, Auckland CBD.
– Tour every Saturday but private bookings are available
Remember that bars reserve the right not to serve customers who are intoxicated or underage, please be sure not to get too drunk.
Auckland is the largest city in New Zealand and has many historic bars. At the Historic Bar Tour, we walk you through the history of Auckland, bars & alcohol.